When in Oahu, Hawaii...
- Visit Leonard's Bakery near Waikiki and enjoy a haupia filled malasada!
- Try a spam musubi from any of the ABC stores. Spam good? Actually can be.
- In Kailua try a shave ice at the Island Snow Shop. Evaporated milk and ice cream are musts with whatever flavor you choose.
- In Kaneohe, visit Koa Pancake House and try the papaya pancakes with coconut syrup.
- Try the yogurt shops. Yogurt with amazing island fruit toppings....very refreshing!
- Enjoy the fruit stands between Kaneohe and the North Shore.
- The brunch at the Moana Surfrider Hotel is very nice. The Moana Surfrider is right on the beach in Waikiiki.
When on the big Island of Hawaii...
- Try the brunch at the Fairmont Orchid.
- Try the steamed edamame at Roy's.
Visiting the San Diego, CA area?
- Don't miss Richard Walker's Pancake House!!! People wait in lines to eat at Walker's.
- Jake's Del Mar is right on the coast. Enjoy their fantastic steaks and the spectacular night view.
Visiting San Clemente, CA?
- Don't miss Iva Lee's for dinner. Southeran cooking extraordinaire.
Rodeo Drive in Hollywood, CA?
- McCornick and Schmicks is very reasonable and yum, yum!